I love to travel. I’m one of those people who would be content to just live out the rest of my days traveling all over the US and the world. There’s only one thing that I dread when I’m about to go somewhere: THE PACKING. I hate packing. That moment when I pull out my bag or suitcase and stare into the empty abyss that I must fill with all of my random things, my heart stops a little. Where will everything go? How will I get all this junk that I MUST take with me in this bag?! Really. It’s terrible. The only thing I might hate more is unpacking. Well, I know I’m not the only person who experiences this feeling of dread before packing. So I scoured the interwebs and found these things that may make your next trip a little easier.
1. First things first: make a list. I mean, really. Lists are great. It assures you don’t over pack… Maybe. Possibly.
2. Binder clip to cover razors. Protect those fingers, guys.
3. Place a dryer sheet in your bag. It’ll smell like heaven and keep things fresh.
4. Use a pot holder to store your flatiron or curling iron. (How did I never think of this!?)
5. Use buttons to keep your earrings together. (Again… How did I not think of this?)
6. Those hanging jewelry cases are great for storing all those cords you have for all that miscellaneous technology you can’t travel without.
7. Old glasses cases too…
8. Roll your clothes instead of folding them. Leaves you more free space. My mom hipped me to this years ago. It works! Because moms know everything!
9. One of the 278,983 old contact lens cases you have laying around is great for storing things in your suitcase and saving space.
10. Old medicine bottles are also perfect for storing stuff. I’ve used one for q-tips but you can use them for lots of things, like shampoo or lotion, or first aid kits!
11. Use plastic wrap on your bottles to prevent spills. GENUIS.
So, do you guys have other ideas or things you do to tame that packing beast? Let me know in the comments!
Preferred Motorcoach Transportation